For your information, this website UK Evening News (our site) is operated and wholly owned by Submission Technology Ltd., registered in England with the company number 4456811.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016), Submission Technology Ltd. are the registered data controller with the Information Commissioner?s Office (ICO); our registration number is Z7981900.
We process your data for our legitimate interest of analysing the performance of our marketing campaigns. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Each time you visit our site, we may automatically collect the following information about you from your browser:
Technical information, including:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- Your login information if you choose for a quicker sign in process;
- Browser type and version to provide you with an optimized viewing experience;
- Time zone setting to ensure we provide you with the most appropriate offers;
- Browser plug-in types and versions;
- Operating system and platform;
- Data portability; and,
- Requests in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Information about your visit, including:
- The full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including the date and time);
- Products you viewed or searched for;
- Page response times and download errors;
- Lengths of visits to certain pages;
- Page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs);
- Methods used to browse away from the page; and
- Any phone number used to call our customer service team if you linked to our site from another website, the address of that website, and, if you linked to the site from a search engine, the address of that search engine and the search term you used.
UK Evening News may contain links to third party websites. Please note that if you follow a link to any such website, we do not accept any liability or responsibility, because these websites have their own Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policies.
UK Evening News transfers data from your browser to third party service providers to analyse the performance of our marketing campaigns. We use the following third-party service providers:
We use the Facebook pixel on our site. The Facebook pixel is an analytics tool that helps us measure the effectiveness of our advertising. We use the Facebook pixel to understand the actions people are taking on our website and reach audiences we care about.
We use Google Ad Services and Google Analytics on our site. These tools measure website engagement and offline data to gain customer insights.
We also use Voluum, a digital advertising performance tracker to provide insights into user acquisition to further improve our advertising.
All service providers store your data securely. Where data may be stored outside of the EU, we have in place standard contractual clauses for data transfer which meet the security requirements of the EU.
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), as a Data Subject, you may exercise your right to:
- Be informed about your personal data
- Access your personal data
- Rectify your personal data (if it is inaccurate or not up to date for example)
- Have your data erased (?right to be forgotten?)
- Restrict processing (in the instance that your data cannot be erased)
- Object to processing (for direct marketing)
- Data portability
- Requests in relation to automated decision making and profiling
If you wish to contact us regarding your data or raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can email our Data Protection Officer, who will investigate this matter.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can make a complaint to the UK Supervisory Authority, the Information Commissioner?s Office (ICO). Please visit their website for more information here.
We keep your data for as long as necessary to fulfill the original purpose it was collected. This data is stored with the third parties whose services we utilise on our site. See Section 3 for more information on who this data is passed to and where it is stored.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Other storage technologies you may come across include web beacons and pixels. A web beacon is an often-transparent graphic image that is placed on our website or in an email that is used to monitor the behaviour of users visiting our sites or receiving our emails. Web beacons are usually used in conjunction with cookies to check that you can see our content. A pixel refers to the code that is placed on our website that triggers a cookie. A pixel is essentially an image but instead of calling an image to be displayed, it calls an application on a media buying platform that will cause a cookie to be downloaded to your browser, if your browser settings allow.
To find out how to opt out of the collection and use of your information via storage technologies, see our section below on Blocking or Declining Cookies.
For further information about behavioural advertising, cookies and other storage technologies, and the steps you can take to protect your privacy online visit http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2#!/ or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
We use the following cookies:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms.
You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
|ci_session||.ukeveningnews.com||Usually used to maintain a user state during a browser session for consistency of user experience.||Session|